Monday, September 10, 2007

First Day of School.

Taran painting with Mr. Phillips, Jennifer and Spencer.

Trying out the stomper stilts.

Playing blocks with teacher Camille and Shayla.
Today was Taran's first day of preschool. The first hour was free-play where he played with blocks, did art projects and tried out the stilts. He then had circle time followed by music class. After music class was snack time followed by outside play. The day ended with story time.
Taran had fun and grew increasingly more comfortable with the surroundings as the day progressed. Mommy stayed in the shadows (a chair back against the wall). Taran was glad I was there but was content to interact mostly with the other kids and the teachers when he realized I wasn't leaving. Most of the kids are a bit older and were at the school last year so they are setting a good model for Taran. Connor and I are very happy with the program and optimistic that it will be an excellent experience for Taran.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home