Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hero's and Villain's

Just recently I introduced Taran to the Prydain Chronicles (Lloyd Alexander) and the character Taran that he is named after. With some hesitation I let him watch the Disney version of the Black Cauldron and he just thought the evil horned king was "really cool". Hmmm not what I expected. He did add that maybe he'd like to be a pig-keeper some day too.

If you are not familiar with the series check out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Chronicles_of_Prydain

In contrast another favorite character is Dora the Explorer and he has asked for a purple shirt and orange shorts so he can dress like her. Never a dull moment with this critter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What a dear story about a very dear boy. Don't you just love it when they identify with the villian, instead of rooting for the hero. Our guys got into the "HE-Man" series and specifically requested Skeletor stuff.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home